100% School Break Friendly
Number of days: 12
Departs March 2018
A private scheduled departure. Simply choose your ideal March travel dates and go!
Kenya is a brilliant example of why we are so drawn to Africa, and this Great Herds of Africa itinerary pays tribute to the country’s renown, boundless wildlife, and ever-charming people.
- Daily, wondrous game drives in pursuit of great herds and predators, guided bush treks; Samburu-led camel rides on the plains; horsebacking; and graceful hot air ballooning at sunrise.
- A glimpse into the daily life the nomadic Maasai warrior clans, with special invitations to meet with tribal leaders for a discussion about rituals and ancient customs.
- Spectacular views and incomparably fascinating ecosystems: regal Mount Kilimanjaro; the Laikipia Plateau and jagged Aberdare mountains; and the famed Mara River.
- A visit to the Micato-AmericaShare Harambee Community Centre in Nairobi to witness our life-changing work in the community.
“Only With Micato” Highlights
- The Pinto Family, at your service, in the United States and in Africa. There’s a reason why Travel+Leisure stated that “the Pintos treat their guests like well-loved, out of town relatives.”
- A highly-credentialed Safari Director and a Driver-Guide. Two dynamic, exuberant experts, guiding and delighting you every step of the way… versus the solitary guide most companies send along.
- Private, scenic bush flights to enhance your comfort and save many hours of driving.
- The wonder-working Micato Concierge Team, at your beck and call every moment of the day and night to meet last-minute, unexpected, and unusual requests.
- No tipping, ever, from beginning to end of your safari. Plus, all meals, regional wines, beer, and bottled water included. Free Wi-Fi and valet laundry service everywhere.