- The Scattered Islands & the Seychelles
- Outings and shore visits in Zodiac® inflatables with a team of experienced naturalist guides.
- An exceptional cruise to discover the most beautiful islands in the Indian Ocean.
- A variety of idyllic landscapes: atolls, coral reefs, lagoons, mangrove, white-sand beaches.
- A rich and protected fauna and flora.
- Visiting Aldabra Atoll, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that is home to the world’s largest population of tortoises.
- Discovering the Scattered Islands, a geological sanctuary with nature reserve status since 1975.
- Possibility of diving and/or snorkelling with an experienced instructor on board.
The Scattered Islands & the Seychelles
Latin America, Asia
from 1 April 2019 to 16 April 2019
16 days / 15 nights
Departure Port : Durban
Arrival Port : Mahé
Ship : LE LYRIAL
Other departure dates
from 1 April 2018 to 16 April 2018
Discover a PONANT itinerary sailing from Durban, a cosmopolitan city in South Africa, to Victoria, the capital of the Seychelles in the heart of the Indian Ocean.
Join us for a 16-day expedition cruise aboard Le Lyrial to experience the exceptional environment of these faraway islands.
From one port of call to the next, enjoy relaxing on idyllic beaches, visiting must-see sites, and meeting the local communities.
Surrender to the unique charm of the Scattered Islands (Europa, Juan de Nova and the Glorioso Islands), tiny specks that are part of the French Southern and Antarctic Lands (TAAF). This beautiful archipelago with very few inhabitants is home to exceptional fauna and flora and boasts the highest concentration of sea turtles in the world.
After an unforgettable call at Nosi Komba (Madagascar), set sail for the Seychelles, a dream destination for fans of lagoons and turquoise water. You will have the chance to discover Assumption Island, Alphonse, La Digue and, more notably, Aldabra, an immense raised coral atoll listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
You will end your trip to these heavenly lands by visiting Victoria on Mahé, the main island of the Seychelles.